Saturday, January 15, 2011

Voicing a Game!

I spent a good hour or two procrastinating today, trying to come up with the courage to start voice recording for Million Dollar Words. Every time I even began to try, it felt like I was hitting a brick wall I was so terrified. Angel asked me if I wanted her to leave the room, but it wasn't a fear of her hearing me (she gets to hear me all day, lucky her!), it was a fear of me hearing myself. And not just hearing myself, but hearing myself trying to act!

I consider myself semi-decent at art, and not bad at all at coding or design, but when it comes to ACTING??? Totally not something I had ever considered before... But now that I've gotten past the fear, I can see how people really get into it! It's a LOT of fun! I turned Perry the Platformer into voiced questions, and it was actually very quick too. I'd like to sharpen them up a bit, but still, not bad at all, and the longer I did it the more I opened up and really enjoyed it.

So for all of you out there who have a microphone and love to make silly voices, I say do it! Don't be ashamed! Don't feel embarrassed, just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment