Sunday, October 3, 2010

Make a Story's Launch Today!

Starting a bit late due to my own internet issues, and also due to my own misjudgement on how long certain things would take (ssshhhhhh), Make a Story was officially fully launched at 12:39 Eastern time on Newgrounds.com. Following this, the game made it to Kongregate, Nonoba and 4 other pages, as well as being pushed through MochiAds. It received a total of 1051 plays as of 10:57pm, which is about 500-600 more than I get for my games as an average any other day.

It's so easy to get wrapped up in "I made $x today, yay" or "I only made $x...", that those little comments like "I loved this story" or "I laughed so hard!" get forgotten. Eyes and enjoyment are worth more than any money I'll ever get from this (and trust me, I'm not exactly selling out when I made 38 cents today!), so I just want to thank everyone who's played it.

The rest of this week is going to be about promoting the game to all different sites. Once the week is over, I'll be continuing work on Million Dollar Words. One quiz is already completed, and the engine is almost done, so all that's left is a few more fixes and a LOT of quiz development!

No comments:

Post a Comment